As a university professor and a research scientist, I spend much of my time distributing information. The purpose of this site is to do this more efficiently. You'll also find some personal items, such as paintings, prints, and sketchbook drawings.
Workshops, Conferences, and Symposia:
* Direct Simulation Monte Carlo 2013: Theory, Methods, and Applications (DSMC13) at the Inn and Spa at Loretto, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA, on October 20-23, 2013. [Go to Conference Website]
* "Modeling of Thermal Fluctuations in Multicomponent Reacting Systems", 2013 SIAM Conference on Mathematical Aspects of Materials Science Philadelphia, USA, June 9-12, 2013 (Slides: PDF)
* "Is Mathematics More Art than Science?", The Tech Museum, San Jose, Calf., USA, December 16th, 2012 (Video: YouTube)
* "The Physics of Animation", The Tech Museum, San Jose, Calf., USA, September 16th, 2012 (Video: YouTube)
* "Principles of Animation Physics", SIGGRAPH 2012, Los Angeles, Calf., USA, August 5th, 2012 (Course Notes: PDF Annotated Slides: PDF)
* "Fluctuating hydrodynamics of multispecies mixtures. I. Non-reacting Flows", K. Balakrishnan, A. Garcia, A. Donev, and J.B. Bell, submitted to Physical Review E, (2013) (PDF).
* "Low Mach Number Fluctuating Hydrodynamics of Diffusively Mixing Fluids", A. Donev, A. J. Nonaka, Y. Sun, T. Fai, A. L. Garcia and J. B. Bell, submitted to Communications in Applied Mathematics and Computational Science, (2013) (PDF).